Class Length: 6 hours
Learn to make these fanciful beaded goldfish using right angle weave. One of my most popular designs,
everyone loves to hold them, and everyone wants one. And they're every bit as fun to make
Work with separate colors seed beads for the tail and body.
The side and top fins can be the same colors as the tail, or a contrasting tail.
Skills and Skill Levels required for class
Knowledge of right angle weave is highly recommended.
- Pencil or pen for notetaking
- Beading needle (I prefer the John James sharps, size 11 or 12)
- Beading thread such as Silamide, Superlon AA in coordinating or contrasting colors
- Small, sharp embroidery scissors
- Bead mat or tray to hold beads
- Needle nose pliers to pull thread through tight bead holes
- Beeswax for coating thread
Bead and Materials (about 5grams of each):
- Puffed oval base bead
- 2 - 4 colors Japanese size 11 seed beads
- A couple of larger beads, size 6s work well, for the eyes
Kits and Supplies
Beadkits may be available for purchase. Contact instructor beforehand to verify.