Published September 2010
Available through Amazon
Beaded Snowflakes and Stars
Class Length: 3 hours
Create a variety of beaded snowflakes and stars which make fun ornaments, earrings or pendants.
Learn a netting in the round technique using seed and bugle beads with crystal accents to create these open, lacy designs.
Working with one basic pattern, you can create literally dozens of unique snowflake and star designs. I've also used this pattern
to create spider webs for Halloween and intricate designs reminiscent of Celtic knots.
Most students should be able to complete one to four snowflakes in the class, and will leave with a handout detailing many more.
Skills and Skill Levels required for class
Suitable for all levels; some experience working with seed beads would be helpful.
- Pencil or pen for notetaking
- Beading needle (I prefer the John James sharps, size 11 or 12)
- Beading thread: Silamide, Superlon AA in coordinating or contrasting color(s)
- Small, sharp embroidery scissors
- Bead mat or tray to hold beads
- Beeswax for coating thread
Beads and Materials
- 2-3 colors size 11 Japanese seed beads
- Bugle beads (6mm work well)
- Small assortment of accent beads - disc beads, crystals (4 or 6mm), or even size 6 seed beads
- Ear wires if you plan to make earrings
Kits and Supplies
Bead kits may be available for purchase. Contact instructor beforehand to verify.